Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thankful

Yesterday was a tricky day for us.  Little J is normally a very laid back and happy baby, but it was clear he wasn't feeling well all day.  He's undoubtedly teething, but he also had a little bug on top of it... so we saw a tiny glimpse of Mr. Baby Hyde.  We got through the day, collapsed into bed and slept heavily (and dreamed strange, stress-induced dreams).

This morning J awoke as his normal Baby Jekyll self, smiling at us and petting Jared's beard while he drank his bottle.  I have to remind myself that we are so lucky and blessed to have such an amazingly easy boy.  I know partial credit needs to be paid to my kind, sensitive and gentle-hearted husband for our son's traits, but I also know that there's a little more to it than that... I don't typically share much in the way of spirituality, but I will disclose that I make time every day to say a prayer of gratitude for my healthy baby.  Because we are truly blessed.

Today I find it especially important to be thankful, as I remember two very special women in my life.  The last day of February has a particular significance for me and always offers the reminder to cherish our loved ones.  I hope to pass along the spirit of gratitude today, and every day.

Because the babe is so much more himself today, I was allowed a bit of time this morning to work on a project that I've had in mind for a while...  I will reemphasize that I don't naturally reveal much about my personal spirituality, but this is a little something from my childhood that I wish to share with my children:


No comments:

Post a Comment