Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Ruffled Apron

Since the moment I saw that little pink line on our home pregnancy test, I've been crossing my fingers that this baby will be a girl.  I love being a mommy to a boy - Little J is so much fun and, honestly, I know boys (having two younger brothers).  But I am aching to have a child who I can dress in ruffles.  A child who will have dolls that I can dress in ruffles.

Don't get me wrong... I will be thrilled to have a second boy, if that's the case.  I feel so blessed that Little J will have a sibling!  But man, if that sibling comes home from the hospital wearing floral print, I'll be in heaven.

Our "big" ultrasound is coming up in about two weeks, but until then Baby #2's gender will remain a mystery.  So, to keep my girlie hopes in check, I've been making ruffled garments for the little ladies who are already in my life. 

These babies are super simple (but somewhat tedious) to make and only require a little bit of coordinating fabric.  I've made about 6 this year, but still haven't made one for myself for some reason... For the tutorial, click here!



The great thing about these aprons is that they do not require a pattern and can be made in any shape and size. I've even made a couple that include pockets!  These two are 6-year-old-sized.



When I get around to making my own apron, it will be something like this:





No comments:

Post a Comment